Saturday, August 24, 2013

Altered Grapevine Wreath

    This is not rocket science as they say.  I try to make a wreath to put on my front door for every season of the year and for special holidays ( such as Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and 4th of July ).  This is the wreath I put together for Summer.  The two butterflies and the sun are wood ornaments, I think I bought them at Michaels Craft Store.  I decided to try embossing the outlines of the images with Versamark ink and black embossing powder - - - it worked out OK.  Then I colored with my Copic Markers.  Copic Markers are alcohol based and did not work well with the embossed outline.  However, I put it together anyway.

 
     I have a Fall wreath that I will put up in September.  I am thinking of making a Halloween wreath or banner to put on the front door for the week of October 27 - 31.  I don't usually decorate for Halloween but I think something fun and child-like would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment